Friday, December 3, 2010

Our baby is a month old!!!

How does the time go so fast? This month has just been crazy. Adjusting to everything has been easier than we expected. I have had worries that I wasn't ever going to bond with Lilly. What if she didn't like me? Thankfully, over the past few weeks, we've gotten to know each other and now it feels like I'm moving from being the "caretaker" to the "mom." I am a more guarded person than Brandon and as we accomplish all the steps to making this adoption final, it becomes more of a reality that this is actually real. I just don't want this to be a dream and I wake up. But now we are seeing a light at the end of the tunnel. Today we had our post-placement study, where our caseworker comes back into our home and makes sure it's still a safe environment and we are all adjusting. And we totally passed! That means that on December 10th, 2010 - we will go to Court and make the adoption final and Lilly is legally OURS! Right now, we have physical custody of Lilly, and our agency has legal custody of her - I don't even know what it will feel like to have this all completed.
Lilly is a beautiful and wonderful baby. Our birth mom always called her "Little One", so to always remember Mandy, our nickname for Lilly is "Little One". She has now been sleeping most nights for a little over 5 hours. She hardly cries, unless she's hungry (and who can blame her really, I get cranky when I'm hungry) or wants her Binky. She is so aware of everything going on around her - she is always looking around and observing her surroundings. My favorite part of the day is about 4:30 a.m. when Brandon has gone to work and Lilly has just finished eating - we will snuggle up in bed and cuddle until it's time to get up. She curls up in my arms and sometimes I will wake up and she's just staring at me. I love watching her sleep and she'll start to do every expression she knows - all in a split second. It's amazing to watch her learn and grow each day. We have been so blessed to have her in our life and given the opportunity to help mold her to the woman she will become. We just can't wait for the next week to be over and then she's all ours! Our little baby girl, Lilly Delaney Ungricht.
11/3/10 - Newborn
11/10/10 - One Week
11/17/10 - Two Weeks
11/24/10 - Three Weeks
12/1/10 - Four Weeks

1 comment: