Friday, December 24, 2010

Merry Christmas Eve

During this wonderful Christmas season, I can't help but think back to how I have felt these past 8 years during this time of year. I use to put out my nativity and start to cry when I would look at Joseph & Mary with their baby Jesus. I collect nativities and I always take such care placing the pieces where I think they would have gone. I'd place Joseph as close to Mary as I could, with his arms around her. I always imagined the great Joy he must have felt with his beautiful wife. The love he probably had in his eyes when he looked at her. It made my heart ache to think about it and I wanted so badly to have just a portion of that peace and although I know how much Brandon loves me, I always felt such sorrow knowing I couldn't give him what we both so desperately wanted.

As we celebrate the birth of our Saviour this Christmas. I finally feel that I have been given a portion of that Joy and Happiness Joseph and Mary must've felt. I look at the nativity with new eyes. I am overwhelmed with gratitude that our Heavenly Father gave us his Son, Jesus Christ, and that he died for our sins. This Christmas we are given so much more than just material gifts, Brandon & I have received the ultimate gift of all - our beautiful daughter Lilly. A week ago we went to the Temple and were able to become a family forever. What greater gift could we have been given than that.

2 comments:

  1. Beautiful pics! It was a wonderful experience--
    thank you for inviting us to participate. We are so happy for you guys. Congratulations! Love you lots and have a Very Merry Christmas! ~A~

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was a wonderful experience to be there and to feel the Spirit so strongly! It tugged at my heart strings and I MAY have cried...details, details! It's been a good Christmas all around! Merry Christmas, Ungricht Family!!!!

    ReplyDelete