Saturday, January 30, 2010

Dear Birth Parents

We understand it is a difficult decision you are about to make and whether you choose adoption or not, we can’t even begin to understand how you must be feeling, but know that you are in our thoughts and prayers always. We are honored that you are taking the time to read our letter.

About Brandon: I enjoy working in the yard, doing volunteer work, bicycling and anything that involves being outside. I also enjoy doing things around our house, whether it is cleaning the bathroom, organizing the garage or painting our rooms. I especially enjoy all sports, both playing & watching, but my main passion is BYU Football! I love playing with our nephews & nieces and having Nerf gun wars with them – those kids just crack me up and I love making them laugh. I can’t wait to have children of my own to play with and love.

About Hannah: All I have ever wanted is to be a mom. My heart’s desire is to have children and be the best wife and mother I can. I hope to someday be able to be a stay at home mom, but I will have to work for awhile. I do plan to take off work the first 3 months after placement, and when I do return to work, my brother’s wife (who lives a few miles from us) will watch our children. We don’t like the idea of day care and the only option for us would be to have family or close friends help us with child care. My work is a very family oriented environment, and they are all thrilled about us being able to adopt a beautiful little baby.


I LOVE animals! I grew up with rabbits, cats, dogs, fish, hamsters, birds, ducks – pretty much every animal came through our house. Brandon had never had pets growing up, but a few years after we were married we finally got our cute puppy, Maggy. She is a “plus sized” Lhasa-Apso. She loves all people in general, it doesn’t matter how old or young they are, she will just love on anyone.

About Us: Brandon and I met in 2002 while in College. Brandon didn’t like me at first, he thought that I was mean because I would tease him (when in reality, I was actually trying to flirt – I guess I wasn’t very good at it). When I found out he didn’t like me, I went and apologized for whatever I had done. From that moment on, we were always together and were married 6 months later. We started trying to get pregnant after being married for a year; we tried for the next 7 years without any luck. We have felt every emotion over the last 8 years, but after many prayers we know that now is the time for our family to begin.

We feel it is very important to be open about adoption. We want our children to understand where they came from and to know that they are loved by so many people – first by their birth parents for making the most difficult and unselfish decision to place their baby for adoption. We hope to be able to exchange letters and pictures throughout the years. We want you to be able to see your child growing up and know that they are doing well and are loved. Family is so important to us – we are very close with our families, which include a combined total of 5 brothers, 2 sisters, 1 brother-in-law, 4 sister-in-laws, 6 nieces and 7 nephews. When we adopt, this will be the first grandchild in Brandon’s family – his parents are beyond excited and ready to be grandparents!

Our greatest desire is to be together with our family forever. We look forward to being able to raise our children in the Gospel and teach them about the love of our Heavenly Father and the Savior for us. We can’t wait to watch them grow and learn – it will be our greatest joy!

Thank you for taking the time to get to know us,

Brandon & Hannah
oureternaldesire.blogspot.com

2 comments:

  1. Amazing! I love that you showed both of your likes separate and together! AND especially for including Maggy! I hope you told her you added her in your letter! I'm sure the birth parents will be happy that you both made a letter as a comfort to her! ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful letter! Any baby would be extremely lucky to have you both as parents. Good luck as things really get moving!

    ReplyDelete