Saturday, December 26, 2009

The baby's room

We started getting our baby room together. We were told to prepare and act like you are pregnant. It's kind of strange to be getting ready when we don't even know when we will have a baby. We have faith in Heavenly Father that if we prepare, he will fill our house with children. We started a registry with Target. When adopting, we just don't know what gender we might have. Plus, if a birth mom does choose us and we make it to the birth of the baby, she could decide that she actually wants to keep it - and if we had planned and decorated for a specific gender, it could turn out we don't get that one. It's different. Brandon & I are grateful for the love we have been shown from our friends and especially our family. It doesn't feel real that we are so much closer to having a family of our own. My mom is going to paint the baby's room on Monday - I am so excited!!! It's going to be a lighter green and brown. I will post pictures as soon the painting is complete.

All of our references have sent in their packets of information. Now we are hoping that in the first few weeks of January, we will have our first meeting with our LDSFS representative. I can't wait! I know I said we were going to take this process slow and enjoy it, but I have waited for 7 years and I don't want to wait anymore. We feel so blessed with everything that we have. We have enjoyed our time together and have grown closer through all of our trials, but all I have ever wanted was to be a mother. I wondered, in the past, why Heavenly Father wouldn't make this easy for me. He knows my hearts desires and I have pleaded with him in prayer to lift this burden. So many tears and at times I felt my heart was going to break. Lately I have felt that these trials were for a reason (aren't they always though) - maybe we need to experience these things to make us stronger for bigger trials yet to come, or maybe so that we can see the blessings in our life more clearly. I know that when I am struggling, I start to look at my blessings in a new light, the smaller details become more important in our lives. I am grateful for all the small things. My husband is amazing. Whenever he just gently grabs my hand and holds it when a pregnant woman walks by, no words need to be said, he just does that small thing and I don't feel so alone. Please continue to pray for us - we feel your prayers and support. We are thankful for the love we are shown and again, we look forward to sharing this journey with you all.

3 comments:

  1. do all of your blogs have to make me so teary eyed!?!?!? ^_* I am so happy for you guys! I cant wait to help throw a baby shower!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Cousin .... what a sweet blog. I did not know of your trials, I will be praying for your gift from heaven to be in your arms soon. I know you will be an excellent mother and prayers to your husband as you wait in love for the special baby. Love - Cynthia (Childers)Griffin in Jacksonville, Oregon (Uncle Rays daughter)

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is my belief that you will have an amazing adoption experience, just as I did. The right mother will come along and the rest will all be joy!

    ReplyDelete