Wednesday, December 4, 2013

Summer/Fall 2013














It's been so long since we posted!  We have had a busy 6 months.  It's mostly involved just schoolwork for me and taking care of Lilly.  And working for Brandon.  Brandon did have a surgery in September, but is finally recovering very well!  We have gone full-throttle into our new adoption journey.  We are so excited for this newest chapter in our lives.  Check out our blog we set up for perspective birthparents and those interested in following the progress - helpouradoption.blogspot.com.  We also got to go to Utah and meet up with Lilly's birthfather and his family.  They are such amazing people and we feel truly blessed that they are apart of our lives.  It's been a crazy couple months, but we wouldn't have it any other way.  I promise to post pics from our trip, Halloween, Lilly's 3rd birthday, and Thanksgiving soon!

2 comments:

  1. Hannah, I don't know if you remember me from High School or not. We played flute together for Pep Band; I'd switched to bassoon my Sophomore year (the year we went to NYC).

    It's so weird, I was just thinking about you the other day, and then I saw Sharon's post on FaceBook last night, sharing your gofundme page! I shared it as well, and my husband and I are wishing you the best of luck! We will donate when we can :) Unfortunately it won't be much, but we really want to help.

    I spent the day (off and on) going through your blog a bit. Lilly looks like such a smart, wonderful, adorable little girl! I'm sure she will love being a big sister!

    I just saw your post from April, where you mentioned breastfeeding. I want to share a video with you that I found by accident and shared with another friend of mine who started the adoption process earlier this year. A friend of mine had shared a video about getting over the embarrassment of breastfeeding in public, and this video about breastfeeding an adopted baby was among the videos on the side. There is information out there, if it is something you are interested in trying :)
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lNvAbU04F6A

    I hope that everything goes smoothly for you!

    Crystal

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Crystal!!! I've been meaning to write back. I totally remember you!!! :) I tried finding you on facebook to add you, but I couldn't find you, totally add me! I watched the breastfeeding video. We actually thought about doing some of those techniques (the attachment thing), but just couldn't afford it at the time with Lilly. We might with the next one, but we'll see. :) Talk to you soon.
      -Hannah

      Delete